I think Brian Johnson said it best…
Back in black
I hit the sack
I’ve been too long
I’m glad to be back [I bet you know I’m…]
I’m let loose
From the noose
That’s kept me
I’ve been looking at the sky
‘Cause it’s gettin’ me high
hearse ’cause I never die
I got nine lives
Abusin’ every one of them and
Actually, I have not been getting high from looking at the sky. It would be nice if that were the case. I’d pretty much just sit and stare upwards all the time. Alas…not really so. That said…
So in mid October I stopped blogging. Took a break. Etc. Etc. Then I really missed it. I missed writing. A little something. Every few days. I thought, "Hey, I’ll channel my need for expression into scrapbooking! Great idea!" Didn’t happen. And when something cool came along, like when I discovered that Aveeno Skin Relief lotion actually cured my 15-year-long Minnesota tradition of really itchy shins, who could I tell? Dan? Yeah. As if he’d really be excited about that.
So I missed it. Long story short.
And what have I been doing for the past two and a half months? Really? Want to know?
2. Stressing out from time to time, because of working.
3. Gaining weight. (Nice!)
4. Growing a mullet. (I’m not kidding…please don’t ask why either.)
5. Making more than 5, but less than 10 total scrapbook pages.
6. Taking up knitting because Donna made a bag that made me jealous. That, and I am a lemming for anything new.
7. Listening to Neil Finn daily. (a lot of stuff with OCD people just doesn’t change much…ahem.)
8. Painting my bathroom.
9. Taking care of my neighbor’s dog, Chip. (Well, actually, that just started on Jan. 1, and no, I won’t be sending her away. She’s here for 6 months. She’s 11. I don’t think the family would understand that one.)
10. Raising children…more or less.
11. Um…I actually think that’s it.
12. Oh wait—making macaroni pasta angels! almost forgot that one.
So suffice to say I think i need this. I think blogging is good for my head. I wish I still had the archive on here, but you know what? Doesn’t really matter. It’s all good.
And on the topic of OCD…i will share a layout I did in November, at the height of my Neil Finn lovin’…mmm. Neil. New album’s coming out in Spring 2007. Now THAT, my friends, is blogworthy indeed.
Look for more updates to the links and what not in coming days and weeks. I forgot half the stuff I had on this thing.