So my sweet friend Stacy Julian, scrapbook visionary and inspiring little phenom that she is, is staging a cool blog blitz today, and baby, I'm in! Want to hear about it?
Well okay then… long story short: Stacy wants people to use scrapbooking as a way to live more fully in the present; in your life; in the moment of all this amazing stuff that makes up our existence.
Stacy believes that we scrapbookers spend a lot of time creating from stuff that has already happened, that sometimes, we forget to be here in the now. So she's got a fun challenge to share and I'm more than happy to both participate, and pass it on to you:
1. Take 10 photos of your life right now… today… no ands, ifs or buts. Grab that camera and document. All day today.
2. Compile these photos into a tiny little mini album.
3. Keep or carry this album with you (in a desk drawer, where you scrapbook or in your purse) for one year.
4. Promise to glance at it every time you stumble upon it or pull it from your purse.
5. On October 1, 2009, you will make a scrapbook page about this experience, but I can't tell you exactly what that page will be about. You'll have to check back with Stacy in one year for the final piece of the puzzle.
So that, blog readers, is a way to give yourself the Present. Want to see mine?
So what I did, was shoot some from the same day, and fill in with shots that represented my life right now. Cool huh?
So you have been challenged! And to help some of you get started, I have 10 Bazzill Mono Mini albums to send out to get you started. Leave your name in the comments, and I'll draw 10 winners tonight at around 9 p.m. CST.
Here's to the Present.
Happy October 1st, y'all.