1. Drink red wine and eat these crackers with goat cheese and honey, in moderation.
2. Keep my house cleaner.
3. Refinish our deck and buy a new table to encourage more outdoor communing.
4. Lose 4 pounds. (I feel like it’s important to keep certain goals realistic.)
5. Be a little more social. Just a titch.
6. Work less but still make the same amount of money.
7. Buy a few of these to string about the yard and encourage more outdoor communing.
8. Grill salmon.
9. Listen to more music.
10. Have more conversations.
11. Learn to sew my own table runners to put on the new table.
12. Lose one more pound, bringing the grand total to 5.
13. Remain a non-smoker.
14. Encourage more outdoor communing.
15. Stock up on the insect repellant because with all this damned outdoor communing we’re going to be doing, we’re going to need it.
16. Write a novella.*
17. Invent something that will make me wildly rich.
18. Go for a long walk.
19. Watch a yoga video but don’t necessarily do the moves along with it.
20. Practice my top three karaoke songs in preparation for the 2015 New Year’s Eve party.*
21. Take 49 selfies in honor of my last year as part of this decade.
22. Try not to have to get a new car.
*Actually I have no interest in writing a novella. I just like how it sounds on a list.