1. I just wrapped up doing my second ever Week in the Life project. Well, I finished the content creating part, and today I hope to plug all of that content into the digital templates and have it ready to share here either tomorrow or Wednesday. That said, I don’t think I could take another photo if I tried. Also, my house, while I love it very much, has some pretty shitty light most days.
2. I have a new dishwasher and after the first load was done, I stood there, speechless with my jaw slung open, both at the level of clean and the fresh smell that encircled my entire being. We shoulda replaced that thing YEARS ago, people. Also, no more towels are needed to stop the flooding of the kitchen. Yay!
3. I work for Scrapbook & Cards Today, as you may or may not know, doing art direction, but also writing a few columns. In fact, one of the columns I am writing now is called Sketch Savvy and for our winter issue, I am looking for your best cards! Please check out the card sketch here (along with our other issue calls) and consider being a part of our Winter issue.
4. I said my final farewell to my 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe. It was a lot more emotional that I thought it was going to be. I didn’t expect to start crying when they handed me the keys to go gather my remaining personal effects. I don’t know if I cried for all the life that has been lived in and around that car or the fact that we are now going to have a car payment for the next five years. I think it was a big of both. I still can’t believe a fender bender equals a totaled car, but insurance said no dice on having it fixed for us. Hoping to buy a new car this week if all goes according to plan and then no one will be allowed to eat in it for up to and possibly exceeding two years.
5. Getting closer to launching my new CZ Classes page. It won’t look much different, but all students will have a the ability to create a user account and log in. No more referring to those handouts I gave you for codes and links. I’m still probably a month out from safely launching so until then…
If you’ve ever wanted to take Me: The Abridged Version for Project Life, or Digi Basics, now you can save 20% off the class price through August 31. Each class is self-paced and you work through it at your leisure. We also have Facebook communities to get to know other students and I am available to help you troubleshoot nearly everything. All students will be notified of the new classrooms when they launch as well, so don’t worry about the changeover! I’ll be contacting each registered student with details on how to access their classes in the new space.
6. My daughter is moving out for her sophomore year in just a few weeks! I say this because while it’s not as emotional as last year, I’m really going to miss that girl.
7. I got my hair cut and used blue black hair dye. My hair looks blue in the sun. I’m not sure you can really see the true glory of it in this shot, but when I got out of the car, my daughter was all, “Mooooom! So blue!”