The other day I posted this image on Instagram and mentioned that you can also find me on my OTHER Instagram account (czdesigndigitals). I had been walking home from returning my rental car and was listening to Elise Gets Crafty, an episode on marketing.
One thing I realized while listening to the podcast is that I know enough about marketing to be dangerous, but not necessarily effective.
The One Woman Show requires that I try and be as good at everything as I can possibly be, but when people posted on my Instagram feed they had no idea I had an account just for my products and scrapbooking stuff in general (and I saw the followers jump by about 250 people) I realized that I don’t do the best job of letting people know where to find me in a way that might work for them. So today, I present Where You Can Find Me and Information About Me Online for 2015.
1. My About Page: Okay, we’ll start with the very obvious. I have an About Page that tells an abbreviated story of who I am and how I got to be here. I spent days writing and editing it. You may not actually get that by reading it, but trust me, it was hand-crafted with love. It was part of my whole new website launch back in 2013. (You can read that story, which includes my complete history in scrapbooking, here.)
2. Twitter: I joined Twitter back in 2008 and I swear to you that I still haven’t quite figured out the best use for it. In the early years, I tried to be quippy and funny. Then I taught a class about how to use it to become a better writer. Now I mostly share links to my latest blog posts or my Instagram photos. Or, just stuff I find and want to share. I also recently started to use Periscope and plan to test out that new platform with occasional live video streams. All you need to do to follow along is to get the Periscope app, and look for me, CathyZielske. I think that’s how it works anyway.
3. Instagram: I was a bit later to the Instagram game, as I only got my first smart phone in 2011. But I definitely love the app and the platform. I have decided to keep this account as mostly personal photos and whatever tickles my fancy, which leads me to my OTHER account…
4. Instagram: A few months back I launched a new Instagram account, just to share scrapbooking products, classes and other little tidbits related to the crafting that I do and the stuff that I sell. This helps me to be clear on what goes where in terms of online sharing in the Instagram platform. I know, my business mind is dazzling. Plus, I’m also toying with sharing tips, as seen by yesterday’s post:
I’m starting a new thing on this feed. Every week I’m going to give you a tip to improve your memory keeping skills. Some weeks I might talk design. Some weeks I might talk typography. Some weeks I might talk about photography. But these are tips that I feel will help you become a more productive and happy memory keeper. You may want to get a cute little notebook and keep track of these tips as they will become a valuable resource going forward. #czscrapbookingtips
Okay, maybe a bit cheeky, but that is where you will find the stuff related to products, classes and just general sharing of how I use the stuff I make and sell.
5. Facebook: My business Facebook page is where I share new blog posts, things I find funny, product and class announcements, and other things like, “What car should I buy?” or “Tell me your best take-to-a-potluck recipe.” Aside from the conversations that arise in the comments of this blog, my Facebook page is where my community can talk with me and with each other and I try to keep up with it every day.
5. This blog. Finally, we have my blog, which I’m guessing you already know about because you’re reading this. But, having recently dropped my sponsor program, I moved up some key links to the top (my newsletter, my classes and my products), which I encourage you to click on. Of course, we have the Search area and it’s a pretty robust feature, so if you want to read all my posts involving plants or hybrid layouts, you can always try the search feature.
6. My newsletter. I have a newsletter. I use it as needed. When you sign up, you get a free digital stamp and a link to a video that shows you how to use it. I’m trying to be more savvy with my newsletter. We’ll see how that shakes out. But I will say this: if I’ve got anything new you need to know about it, that’s where it’s going to happen.
7. Email: Last but not least, if you prefer a more direct way of connecting with me online you can always email me via my Contact Page. I answer my email daily save for those hours when I’m curled up in a fetal position beneath my desk because the overwhelming sense that have no idea what I am doing has taken over.
So if you’re newer to me, there’s the scoop. If you’ve been with me for the long haul, know this: I would not be here without your support. That’s the simple truth. So thank you.
Now I’m off to go start posting shit like a madwoman.
Yes, I already know where to find you because well, I’m a certified CZ stalker. Sorry. I said it. Out loud even. Please don’t send the po po to my house. I mean no harm 😉
I do want you to know that I look forward every new post…on the blog on either of the IG accounts but I haven’t ventured into Periscope and I rarely look at Twitter. Happy Friday!
Cathy Zielske says
And it’s people like you who keep me doing what I do. 🙂 So thank you!
Ooo! Oo! Oooo!
I was about to ask if I should be proud I already follow you on all of these or if that makes me a stalker. Except I’m a twit too…er, Twitter user. 😉
Aw. My Horschack tag disappeared. That makes the first line a bit awkward. 🙂
LOL re: #Horshack 🙂
Unlike Shawn, I *do* look at Twitter, so a long as your Twitter acct updates with your Instagram, blog, & Periscope notifications, I’m okay. I don’t “pin,” “scope,” or IG but still want to follow you about the interwebs like a little puppy. 😉
Helen High says
There sometimes tends to be a thin line between being available and being cocky and I totally understand about not really thinking about being in all those places that social media has allowed us as of late.
I’ve been a CZ fan since Simple Scrapbooks and while I’m not on every social media site, your blog is my “go-to” right along with my first cup of coffee–I look forward to the awesome-ness that will come on any given day.
I want as many people to know you, so you don’t give up what you do. . .communicate to the masses Cathy! There are tons of us who look for it everyday!
Karen J. McLean says
All Cathy, All the Time! WHEEEEEEE! 🙂
Also a certified CZ stalker! 😀
Love your posts, love your style. I haven’t figured out the whole Twitter thing, either. I figure if I’ve made it this far without it, I’m good. Lol!
I, also, check your blog every morning with my coffee, so please NEVER stop it! I don’t use the other technologies except a little FB, it’s all just too much for me:] 70 years young.
more goodness from you – need to stop looking and create!
Ummmmm snapchat? Tinder? You’re forgetting a couple.
Michelle t says
I don’t belong to Instagram but I do check you out occasionally. I follow along primarily here, and the newsletter. I really love the idea of the tips, I’ll keep an eye out, how awesome is that! Thanks for sharing. Michelle t
Isn’t your newsletter another way people can follow you? Doesn’t it deserve its own highlight? And Pinterest. You’re there, too.
[spoken like a true CZ stalker]
Gypsy Chaos says
Yolanda wins! Yes, you are a true CZ stalker!
Cathy Zielske says
I should hire you for PR!
You know, I am on Pinterest, but I just don’t work it at all. And yes, the newsletter. DOH! 🙂
Gypsy Chaos says
“…those hours when I’m curled up in a fetal position beneath my desk because the overwhelming sense that have no idea what I am doing has taken over. ….”
Thank you, thank you. You are the first person to say this, other than me. I swore I was going to be living under my desk at work!
Of course, we are both being silly – you are doing a wonderful job, as did I when I was working.
Hi Cathy! Do you also have a gallery where I can check out all of your amazing layouts in one spot? That would be awesome! 🙂
Cathy Zielske says
Hey Kim, at this time, no. But if you click on my categories and click on Scrapbooking, every scrapbook related thing will pop up. I’m thinking of working on a gallery this winter!