Today is the first official day of summer in our house. No more school for Cole or Dan. (Aidan was done in May!) And while I may be handing off a summer Honey-Do list to my teacher hubby, who literally asked me this morning, first thing, “So, what should I do this summer?”, I do have a general list of my own for some #summergoals.
- Clean the house. (I don’t write this to be funny. My house is a disaster.)
- Get Cole to complete his Behind the Wheel driving course. (I don’t write this to be funny, either.) My offspring have not been all that inspired where driving is concerned. I think part of it is where we live (city is easy to get around by bus or bike), a willing taxi (me), and just kind of the way it is in their respective circles of friends. Aidan was a bit late to the game, getting her license at 19. Cole will be 18 this summer, and while we’ve saved money on car insurance (I sound like a Geico commercial!), it’s time for the boy to get behind the wheel.
- Have Dan find a new job. Not sure if I’ve shared this here, but due to cuts at his school, he will not be returning to his 5th grade position. Please send good job finding vibes his way. Mama needs her healthcare plan.
- Launch my new online course. The goal is to get my new e-course, Design Your Life 2.0, launched in July. I have MUCH to do. I should stop writing this and get to work. #summerprocrastination
- Go for more walks. I sit at the computer too much.
- Keep making cards because it’s fun. I love the card thing. I really do.
- Dial back the spending so much on card supplies. #dulynoted
- Get a bid on repaving our driveway. You guys… the concrete literally looks like we had a small earthquake, just in our driveway. If Cole still made stop motion Lego films, he could recreate a scene from 2012 and it would be eerily realistic.
- Get a bid on fixing a very troubling leak in the door frame to my office. There’s this drip and I am afraid to find out how deep that rabbit hole goes.
- Launch a Kickstarter campaign to fund the bids I get on numbers 8 and 9.
- Make sure you know that I’m joking on number 10.
- Watch both of my kids play ultimate. Aidan is heading up a summer women’s club team; Cole is playing for the 19U team for the Youth Club Championship league.
- Drink some red wine. In moderation.
- Eat some tasty cheeses. In moderation.
- Possibly head out to Seattle for a long weekend to see one of my two BFFs.
- Eat on the deck as often as possible.
- Give to people and be a source of love. Probably the best goal of the summer. And of life.
- Remember how good I have it. Every single day.
That’s a good list to start. What are some of your summer goals?