Today’s STAMPtember® exclusive is a charming pirate themed stamp set from Sugar Pea Designs. The Shiver Me Timbers stamps come in both a stamp set and a stamp/die combo.
I’m actually really pleased with how this card turned out, especially that fun card panel background I created using my new brayer.
Brayers are a whole new thing to me but I already can see how much fun they can be to create backgrounds and add color. Here are the steps for making this card:
- On a 4.25 x 5.5 inch piece of white cardstock, ink up about a 1.5 inch section of the brayer with the lightest ink, and roll it onto the cardstock. Repeat with all colors, slightly overlapping each color. Sprinkle on some drops of water and dab off with a paper towel. Set aside to dry.
- Stamp and color images. Fussy cut with small scissors.
- Create a US A2 card base (5.5 x 4.25 inches).
- Mask off edges of the front of the card panel using Post It tape and ink blend both a ground and sky right onto the card base. Use masking tape to create a clean line for where the ground and sky meet. Remove all Post It tape.
- Trim the blended card panel down, and die cut a circle from the center of the blended panel. Cut a slightly larger panel from gray cardstock and die cut a slightly larger circle from that panel. Adhere gray panel behind the blended panel to create a thin shadow laer.
- Pop up with foam tape onto card base.
- Adhere treasure box and rum directly to the card base, pop up pirate in the center.
- Stamp and emboss greeting onto navy cardstock; die cut with a banner die and adhere to panel.
Thanks so much for stopping by, mateys!
Affiliate links are used in the description above at no additional cost to you. I receive a small percent of compensation when you click through and shop using the provided links. This directly supports my YouTube channel and my small business. Thank you!