Digi Basics with Cathy Zielske is a self-paced e-course designed to take the intimidation factor out of working with Photoshop Elements (PSE) and digital templates. Designed with the beginner user in mind, you’ll work through five lessons, starting with an overview of PSE and moving into basic skills practice, and ending with three beautiful finished digital layouts.
Through detailed video tutorials and step-by-step PDF handouts, I’ll share tips, tricks and shortcuts as we demystify the process of creating pages using layered Photoshop templates. In addition to building your skills, you’ll also be creating some meaningful pages using the template page prompts.
If you’re tired of feeling like Photoshop kicks your ass time and again, sign up for this e-course and start making friends with this amazing program.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
• How to set up your ideal workspace
• What the most important tools are and how to work with them
• How to make selections, add photos + digital paper, define/apply colors and add/edit type
• How to turn color photos into black and whites
• How to change template sizes
• Key command shortcuts to save time as you work
• How to save files for print and web
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
• Four CZ Design templates for working through the class assignments
• Just under three hours of video instruction
• Digital extras including patterned papers designed by Katie Pertiet of Designer Digitals
• Bonus digital stamps to use in the lessons
• The basic skills needed to work with any digital template
• One free 8.5 x 11 page print from AdoramaPix.com
• A coupon good for $5 to shop my collection at Designer Digitals
• A bonus tutorial on working with Totally Rad Actions’ RadLab plug in
• Photoshop Elements (V7 or higher)
• A computer
BUT WHAT IF…
I have a full version of Photoshop? You can still take this class! The processes are virtually the same and you can email me with any questions if you get stuck. I will be teaching the class using PSE 13. You can download a 30-day free trial of PSE here.
You’ll create three finished pages in this class, with the option of turning each one into a 12 x 12 file. Each lesson includes alternate color choices for the digital papers.